Managing the technology of a successful online biz for marketing, social media, and digital products confounds coaches. You might want to know:
- How an autoresponder connects to your website.
- Where do you send buyers to a “thank-you-purchase page.?”
- Which credit card processor should you use?
- Is Paypal enough? Do you need Stripe?
Your website is your home base online, where you’ll blog, post videos, maybe host a podcast, and create your sales and landing pages. People who read your blog could be potential clients who found answers to their issues.
It is not complicated, although it appears so. Here is what you need:
1. WordPress for a website or an online store. A virtual assistant could get your site established. You could start running a business in a day.
2. Email Manager is the next step to start building your mailing list. You’ll need an autoresponder that serves the function exactly as named–an autoresponder service such as
3. To use your autoresponder, you’ll create a series of follow-up emails that automatically get sent. You set the schedule for sending them out.
The autoresponders refer to and are part of your product funnel. Autoresponders are designed to promote your services like group coaching or your product like an Ebook or a checklist.
4. For the free downloaded ebook or list, you create an Opt-in Offer. Then place a form on your website to collect email addresses of everyone who wants your service or product.
Shopping Cart or Payment Processor
5. How will a customer pay you for your product or coaching services? The most convenient, and simple way to sell a product is through Paypal and your website. You will need a PayPal account set up in the business name or your name. Another payment option is Stripe.
Explore the Paypal payment plugins for your online biz web site. The way to set up PayPal payments on a website page is to…
- Create a PayPal button that generates a code.
- Then paste the code into a sales page. Paypal will notify you when a sale occurs, and you should be prepared to follow up each sale with a series of email autoresponders. Again this is automated through your Email program or your shopping cart solution.
I highly recommend an automated system because it is a massive time saver. Consider purchasing a shopping cart. These can be self-hosted or as a monthly service.
- The shopping cart will
- Take care of delivering the product.
- Adding the purchaser to the appropriate mailing list, And send follow up emails.
You can even choose a cart that tracks affiliate sales if you’d like to entice others to promote your online biz products and services.