“I found the ACPI website on the Internet early one morning, worrying about what I would do to support my family, seeking a job that would let me telecommute. The more I read of your philosophy and training program, I started to dream of having my own business. Although it seemed like an impossible journey, I knew I had to take the first step.”
Academy for Coaching Parents International
The Short Story
The Academy for Coaching Parents was formed in 2004 to educate and train first-class coaches for parents and families. After two years of research, formulation, and building the business foundation with three business coaches, including representation from the International Coaching Federation and a mom’s focus group, this e-learning organization was formed to inspire and influence compassionate, conscious parenting.
Over the first year, we adopted HeartWise® as the term which best described an integrated view of parenting that was kind and respectful with expectations and boundaries. HeartWise® is the official brand of the Academy for Coaching Parents International, and the spiritual, health and wellness coaching and private healing work conducted by Dr. Caron Goode and Dr. Tom Goode, the founders.
ACPI’s Certified Parent Coaches have described the Academy’s program as an in-depth, “Master’s level” learning experience of extraordinary quality in specific skills for coaching and marketing a home-based business. A coach’s ACPI experience results in the entrepreneur designing their coaching practice, leveraging their expertise, establishing their niche and achieving exceptional personal growth. For example, ACPI has provided the opportunity for 14 coaches to write and publish book chapters or entire books over the last several years.
Essentials of the ACPI parenting coach training include
- The merging of the science of parenting and the science of coaching.
- Coaching a parent’s, and thus a child’s core temperament or predisposed interactive styles.
- Discerning between what is normal childhood development versus behavioral issues.
- Applying the art of responsive connected parenting through communication, expectations, boundaries and structure.
- Applying core-coaching skills in an indirect coaching model.
- Creating a successful marketing program for a home-based coaching business.
- Leveraging the coach as the expert in specialty areas unique to target audience.
ACPI’s Certified Parenting Coaches serve families around the globe and have access to continuing education through ACPI’s online global school.
ACPI calls the nurturers, those who…
- Desire to make a difference in the lives of families and children. A degree is helpful, but it not necessary because it is the heart-to-heart contact that a professional coach brings to his or her clients that is the basis of an honest, supportive relationship. If you are not a people-person, then this career is most likely not one you would enjoy.
- Have the ability to learn—to read the books (currently in English only), to journal or write a paper, and to schedule time to complete homework.
- Have the willingness to learn coaching skills and practice with a partner.
- Have an open mind to learn new material and the enthusiasm to share it with others.
- Be committed to change and growth.
- Complete the program within one year.
The Program Overview
“Most parents don’t have access to the information a parent coach can provide. Once they do, their whole mindset, thought process and philosophy changes for the better. To be the one that brought someone to such a great awareness truly is the role of a lifetime.”
— Kristy Dixon, ACPI-Certified Coach for Parents, PURE Parenting.com
- Have you ever dreamed of working from home and being self-employed, choosing your working hours, and enjoying more time with your family and friends? I
- In ACPI’s research, we have found that, in addition to seeking their independence, individuals attracted to this program also wanted to make a difference in other’s lives.
- ACPI’s HeartWise coaching and parenting model gives you the ability make your dream come true. Are you willing to transform your thoughts into action and to focus your vision in clear, easy steps?
- Are you committed to learning how to be a successful parent coach?
- The Academy is an e-learning school, which prepares you to be an entrepreneur and to operate a professional Parent Coaching business. ACPI courses present evidence-based, leading edge strategies for parenting, child rearing, problem solving, connection and communication, with a foundation in interactive styles, strengths and skills.
- HeartWise™ is the brand of parenting and coaching offered through ACPI–Our coaches learn to effectively apply compassion, caring and aware strategies for coaching the whole parent and whole child.
You may enroll at any point in the year, and payment plans are available. Once enrolled you must complete coursework within 12 months. There are no further licensing or certification fees at the level of being a coach. Several courses are offered for you to teach in order to add variety and marketing options in your practice to your clients.
Our Expert Trainers
Puneet Rathi is a passionate professional with a clear life purpose to make a positive difference to people, organisations and this world. Mr. Rathi is ACPI’s partner in delivering Parent Coaching Certifications in India and the United Arab Emirates.
As a Certified Parenting Coach & Facilitator, Sharon collaborates and guides parents, guardians and families, who are struggling with joys and challenges of raising children. She works closely with families to address their concerns & struggles, in order to create a strategic plan to achieve their parenting goals.
Deborah Beasley is an acclaimed author and an ACPI Certified Parent and Family Coach as well as a the founder of the Together-At-Last organization to support foster and adoptive families. Deborah authored, teaches, and mentors persons enrolled in the certification course on Coaching Families With Special Needs.