To make money online as a parent-family coach or an ACPI Trainer, you need to market your business online. The following marketing tips and ideas will guide your marketing efforts.
- When you decide who you want to work with, keep narrowing down your ideal client to a specific niche or group. Don’t send a marketing message to a general group. Specifically target the demographic you want to work with.
Narrow it down like this example: Dads….of teens….preparing to graduate from high school….who need a Core Temperament Inventory…..to consider career choices.
2. Talk about your business everywhere. Network with prospective clients. Give speeches at conferences. Clearly articulate your value when talking about your business in a video presentation for online viewing.
3. Write about your business in blog posts, newsletters, magazines and newspapers. A case study presents your strengths in helping a client. You could also discuss group coaching and when and how you offer services. Sell value! Send out a press release when you add a new service or you are just starting your business.
4. Be active on social media. Participate by answering questions, providing helpful information and being authentic. Over the last three years and the changes made to social media offering, Facebook still remain primary. Facebook also bought Instagram, and placing an ad on both sites bring traffic to you and your web site.
5. Create a professional looking website. Include your services, testimonials and an about you page as well as the home page.
6. While I do not advocate free sessions, you will notice in reading blogs that it is a popular way to meet new possible clients. Give away a free coaching session and see which prospective clients go on to purchase a bigger package.
7. Build a strong client list. Keep in contact with them, asking for referrals and testimonials.
8. Send out a regular newsletter and update your blog regularly.
9. Comment on other blogs and social media channels with relevant information. These types of connections, formed through social media, are reciprocated when you support others and ask for the same.
10. Get interviewed by a well-known person in your niche. Promote your coaching services during the interview.
11. Create YouTube videos with helpful information. Include links to your coaching services.
12. Include a link to your website on everything, including your email signature.
Marketing is a necessity in any business for making money online. It is how clients will find you.
The Next Step
Making money online with your coaching business can be done in many ways. It’s about how you package yourself as an expert, the marketing plan you create to get the word out about your services and the different types of services and products you offer. Your next step is to decide on your market, plan out your marketing, determine how you are going to make money, and begin attracting clients.
Making money online with your coaching business means you will need clients. Attracting those clients could be difficult, but with practice the process can become easier.
Step 1 – Know Your Target Market
Narrow down your target market. Don’t try to get just any client. Choose a specific group or area of expertise that fit those people you want to coach or work with. Shape your message to serve this specific segment. Use the words they use for emotional topics or soft skills, Talk about the specific benefits you offer that provides solutions to their challenges.
Examples of target markets:
- Realtors who are faced with a lot of competition in a slow market.
- Hair salon owners wanting to find a way to stand out among other salons or who are overwhelmed with their work.
- Parenting coaches choosing to work with a special needs segment of the school population.
- A Family Coach who want to coach mothers and children through the divorce process.
Can you begin to see how attracting clients is your task and focus most every day. An this process could be automated.
Step 2 – Have confidence in your coaching service
Show you believe in your services and value your time in everything you say and do. Clients will see your value as well. How do you act or speak with confidence? Do you speak about how you offer services? Then switch the discussion to the vapes and emotional benefits your clients feel and experience when they work with you.
Step 3 – Connect with prospects
When talking to prospects, really listen and connect with them. Let them that feel you understand. Take the time to let your prospective clients know you as a person. Become known as someone who is friendly, helpful and willing to go the extra mile.
Step 4 – Be where they gather
Go to the forums, meetings and social media outlets where your prospective clients are hanging out. Interact with them. Network with them at events.
Step 5 – Show yourself as the expert
Get your knowledge out among the crowd by answering questions and helping others in the places where your clients are gathering. Write articles and books on your niche. Use social media as a way to create a buzz around your coaching business. Use Twitter, Facebook and your own blog to help spread the word about your services.
Volunteer to speak at networking events and conferences to build your reputation as an expert. Choose Facebook Live as a venue for coaching or educating prospective clients. Ask for testimonials from current clients to build your authority. Form alliances with other coaches and people in your niche.
Step 6 – Ask for referrals
Ask your current and past clients for referrals. Everyone knows of a friend, colleague or family member who might be a good fit for your services.
Step 7 – Create a compelling marketing message
Your marketing message, tagline and elevator speech should grab the attention of prospects and make them want to call you.
Step 8 – Create your services package
Package your services, what you offer and what you know into courses and systems that make the prospective client take notice and want to work with you. Your coaching packages should be positioned so they sell themselves also apart from packaged programs.
Step 9 – Create a marketing plan
Create a specific plan to help you reach your prospective clients. Don’t put all your eggs in the same basket. Use several different types of marketing. For example, some methods that a parenting coach might use to become better known in their community would be to
- offer a free parenting talk at the local library
- write for a local parenting newspaper, to magazine
Step 10 – Learn to close the sale
Once you have attracted your ideal client, age next step is making a sale. To do that, learn how to close the sale properly so you don’t scare a person away or leave them hanging by not providing the next step.
Attracting your ideal client gets easier the more you do it. Spending time in the right places and using the right marketing plan can help.