2. Six Guiding Principles
of Behavior Regulation through Relationship
ASSIGNMENT AFTER VIEWING PRESENTATION
Week 2 Assignment – Six Guiding Principles for Behavior Regulation
Choose three principles and put them into practice this week with children, parents, or your own children.
Submit three to six paragraphs on
- Which principles or practices you used (BOP, Flexible Guidance, Explaning states of arousal and regulation to a parent, managing behavior with affect-regulation and creating safety in the relationship, or other)
- How did you introduce the principle or practice to the parent?
- Did you use the questions in the presentation and/or the handouts?
- How did the parent respond/how did the child respond?
- Did you leave the parent with an action from the Five Important Things You Do to accomplish to prepare for the next session
- What was the outcome of you efforts? Include any other information you feel important.