One-on-one personal coaching has been the holy grail of coaching for business, health, or personal goals. Yet, many people prefer a group coaching program. What is your preference?
With one-on-one coaching, it’s just client and your coach. The focus is all on your business, what you did (or did not) accomplish in the last week or month, and how you can improve. While the client sets the agenda, the coach distinguishes the quality of the connection...
- Going deeper into thoughts and feelings.
- Challenging beliefs or actions
- Asking questions to clarify aspects that affect every decision a client makes: values, intuition, inspirations, mindsets.
Group coaching, on the other hand, has more social dynamics, and you might just find your clients prefer the interactions..
This coaching model offers a sense of community that coaches cannot find often. With a group program, there’s likely to be a Facebook group or Forum where members can support one another, gain insight into other business models, and get advice in real time from people who have been there.
Need a shoulder to cry on about your landing page flop? How about a few cheerleaders as you prepare to step outside your comfort zone for your first keynote address? A group coaching program includes a community of heart-wise members who support and help. ,
The topic of pricing is another win for group coaching programs. While it might be fun to work with that in-demand coach on a VIP day, the fact is that many people won’t be able to shell out that kind of cash. A group program gives them many of the same benefits at a fraction of the cost.
Lastly, with a group program, you could be guaranteed a successful outcome—especially if the program has proven results and references.. Group coaching programs could offer straight coaching, a mini course in a skill the members need. Naturally, participants must do the work, but the fact is, the model is reliable, and clients know that going in.
Are you thinking of creating a group program? Keep these points in mind. You might just find out your potential clients have been waiting for you to take this step for a long time.
- Members of the group learn that others have similar issues or the same problem. Certainly it feels less lonely.
- Supporters offer empathy to others, sharing camaraderie
- Group members widen the circle of friendships and ideas. You have opportunities or challenges to share and reveal yourself.
- The best ideas for action come from the sharing and brainstorming of group members.