I learned about focused positivity from a stranger at a workshop. Positive thinking is a mental attitude that expects good and favorable results. Yet, attitude alone cannot suddenly manifest. A positive mind focuses specifically on the outcome of every situation and action. This is a powerful tool that everyone has, but few realize how to focus attention.
Seymour Taught Me…
Before I started the Academy for Coaching Parents International, I attended a workshop and met a man named Seymour. Our conversations led to one of my first ghostwriting gigs in completing Seymour’s nonfiction book. What impressed me about his rags-to-riches story is that he was positive about using focused energy to achieve results, and he became wealthy over time by focusing energy.
His advice to me about starting a new business was that it unfolded through positive concentrated focus. He advised that I put aside several hours for three days a week. In these hours, I would focus solely on one task of my choosing. I chose to focus on formulating and developing the Academy for Coaching Parents International. His theory that my concentrated, focused work for three hours a day, several times a week. allowed my energy to manifest,. Indeed, it did. I learned to trust the process on robust and focused positivity.
Positive Thinking Includes:
1. Our innate capability to produce desired outcomes with positive, focused thoughts. We create our world by the way we think and how we focus those thoughts. We do this by using the power of positive focus. Each conflict or problem that we confront is merely an opportunity to evolve and to alter the circumstances to our liking.2. Having belief in possibilities when the facts seem to indicate otherwise.
3. Making creative choices.
4. Meeting problems head-on sometimes by allowing focus for problems to solve themselves.
The Concept of Positive Focus Explained
Thought precedes form. When we concentrate our focused thinking on one outcome, we trust the process. We don’t allow doubt and interruptions to break our concentration. In short, when focusing energy, you also believe in the possibilities of the manifestation. Even if you doubt a concept like Seymour taught me, you can put concentrated focus to the test like I did.
My doubts did not bother Seymour. His support was more like “Try it. You’ll like it. If you don’t try it, you will never know.”
Of course, I tried it. Focusing didn’t involve any more than sitting down, stating aloud my goal for the process, and focusing for a three-hour stretch, which I chose. My focus was on researching and eventually manifesting the Academy for Coaching Parents International.
The concentrated thoughts influenced my universe. Each idea, once generated and sent out, becomes independent of the brain and mind and will live on its own energy depending upon its intensity. Thus, my concentrated focus worked.
All of our feelings, beliefs, and knowledge are based on our internal thoughts, both conscious and subconscious. We are in control, whether we know it or not. We can be positive or negative, enthusiastic or dull, active or passive. These attitudes are maintained by the inner conversations we regularly have with ourselves, both consciously and subconsciously.
How do you define SUCCESS? One defnition is success is achieving your financial goals through your online coachinfg or consulting business.
Not a Destination
The problem is, success isn’t a destination. Success is a journey with stops along the way. Being successful is moving toward your goals, this the way to achieve it is to be constantly moving forward with the goals in the distance. Your happiness isn’t dependent upon actually reaching that goal, however. Your success is based on the sense of accomplishment you derived from having closed the distance and achieved that goal.
The bottom line is that your definition of success is on the path to get the things that you want, one at a time, and to continue to improve yourself and to inspire yourself to reach the next level.
That brings us to the framework for those goals that you want to achieve – your habits for success. The practices that you cultivate will result in the success you desire. Habits for success are clearly defined, well thought out and designed to take you to the goals that you have set for yourself. To understand what a pattern for success is, set some goals first. But for demonstration purposes, here are three different examples because it can be difficult to know how to identify the successful habit.
The reason that people have problems becoming successful is that they have not figured out exactly what it means to be a success! Defining it for yourself is the first step in achieving it. AT ACPI, we have varied goals for reaching our audience as well as monthly financial goals to tell us we are on target.
The problem is…success isn’t really a destination. Success is a journey with stops along the way. Those stops are the destinations where you want to arrive, but there is no final destination. Being successful and happy is moving toward your goals, and the only way to achieve it is to be constantly moving forward.
You are going to want more, and that’s okay. You set another goal – a higher purpose – of being able to attend charity dinners where the price of a plate is over $1000 for example. Your happiness isn’t dependent upon the actual goal achievement. It is based upon your hard work and your sense of accomplishment derived from having achieved that goal
The bottom line is that your definition of success is never a specific destination. Preferably, your destiny is being on the path to get the things that you want and continue to improve yourself and inspire yourself to reach more and more goals.
That brings us to the framework for those goals that you want to achieve – your habits for success. The practices that you will be teaching yourself result in the success you desire. Habits for success are clearly defined, well thought out and designed to take you to the goals that you have set for yourself. To understand what a pattern for success is complete, you set some goals first.
Five Lessons from Warren Buffet
You might be wondering what super-investor Warren Buffett can teach you about life. You might be thinking that he knows a lot about money, but that has little to do with being an expert on life. You might be surprised. Warren is famous for his simple lifestyle and love of his work. Let these lessons in life be a guide for contentment in your own life:
1. Focus on what you love. Warren has a beautiful, modest home, and drives a $40,000 car. He could own the most expensive house and vehicles in the world, but he doesn’t. He drinks Coke, buys what he likes, and enjoys a relatively simple life.
Enjoy your life and the things you have. Avoid being concerned about what everyone else has or about what you could have. It’s more satisfying to own one perfect painting than to own ten that don’t thrill you. Seek out the things you love and avoid wasting your time on the rest.
2. Quality is more important than quantity. You only need to make a few right decisions to be incredibly successful. Warren Buffett has hundreds of billions of dollars to invest for himself and others, yet he frequently only owns 20 or so stocks. Be picky. Be happy with a smaller quantity.
Warren has a very famous line that states, “Your financial wealth would be much greater if you could only make 20 investments in your lifetime. You would make sure they were great if you had only 20 chances.”
3. Do what you love. Warren has said that the essential part of success and contentment is doing what you love every day. That’s why he’s never stopped investing and making money. If you’re spending your time doing what you love, you continue doing the same thing regardless of how much money you have.
You might not enjoy the career you have right now. But are you doing anything to change that? Do you have a plan? Imagine how much more content you would be if you enjoyed going into work each day.
4. Mind your own business. You needn’t be concerned with what the competition is doing. Avoid being influenced by everyone else. If you do what everyone else is doing, you’ll simply be average. Avoid comparing yourself to everyone else. Follow your intuition. Most of us are overly concerned with others. We’re worried about how we compare. We’re concerned about their opinions of us. They’re probably thinking the same things. Get yourself out of that loop and do your job.
5. Stick to your talents. Warren is famous for shunning high-tech investments, even when they were practically a sure thing. He has stated that he doesn’t understand them well enough to invest in them. Stay in your areas of strength. You don’t need to do everything. Focus on what you know well.
We usually enjoy doing the things that showcase our strengths. That’s human nature. It also makes life easier. Work on your weaknesses, but leverage your strengths.
You might be thinking, “Yeah, anyone could be content with $50 billion.” But that’s not true. Studies have shown that happiness and income correlate to $75,000. Above that income level, happiness does not increase.
Super wealthy people became wealthy mainly because they were comfortable living a particular way and kept moving forward to those goals or achievements they had scheduled into life. You can be just as content, even if you never amass a mega-fortune. Aim to increase the amount of contentment in your life. It might not be an issue of money, possessions, or the other things that most people think to lead to happiness.
Do you design or plan your social media marketing campaigns to help gain more social following? The following tips help guide and increase brand visibility and drive traffic to your website, especially when rolling out your next social media campaign.
1. Reserve the same username across platforms
Reserve all your usernames across all the social media marketing platforms even if you don’t use them right away. As your business and online activity grows, you will need those usernames.
2. Decide which social media platforms suit your needs.
Not all social media platforms are suitable for your kind of marketing campaign. Building a presence and staying active on all available social media marketing platforms can be time-consuming. Identify platforms that bring the best results and focus on them. Initial research indicates that Facebook has the best advertising venues, but your ultimate question to answer is where does your audience hang out?
3. Optimize your social media platforms
Once you’ve decided on the platform you intend to use, focus on optimizing your profiles to get more followers. Consider using a real profile picture. Write a clear and comprehensive About page for each profile and include a link to your website.
4. Connect your social media marketing accounts to your site
Having all your active accounts connected to your websites helps to keep the conversation going. Visitors to your website can link to any of the listed accounts, and your followers on social media can find out more about your offer.
5. Find and follow leaders in your niche.
Find the most influential people in your niche and follow them to find inspiration. The chances are high that they share useful information about your niche or share their progress about a specific project. Look over their shoulders for inspiration.
6. Don’t forget the hashtags
Yes, it’s not just a pretty function to make your phrase turn into a link and look cool. Most people use hashtags to search for topics on social media. The practice puts your article, product, ebook, or training in front of your audiences.
7. Stay social
Whether you are running a personal profile or company/brand’s social media account, you need to actually stay social and interactive. Follow other users, send friend requests, comment on people’s posts, and update your status regularly.
8. Stay out of trouble
Each social media platform has its own sets of rules, and some regulations cut across all the networks. For instance, Twitter has a limit on how many people you can follow per day. Facebook has a restriction on friend-requesting people you don’t know and so on.
9. Track mentions
By tracking when and how you or your website are mentioned every day, across platforms, is how you regulate your public relations. Use available tools to track every mention of your brand across all platforms. Discover what people are saying about you or your brand. Don’t miss a chance to neutralize any negative talk and re-post the positive aspects.
10. Post as many times per day but again, don’t overdo it.
The number of times to post per day for social media marketing will depend on the media network, the numbers of your followers, and how interactive your audience is.
When you see a successful online entrepreneur like a parenting coach, how do you respond?
Are you jealous because you want to be that person?
Are you wishful and feel like the success couldn’t happen to you?
Are you scared and back away because it hurts too much to be who you are and not that successful entrepreneur?
When you feel bogged down in your personal or professional ruts, take note of your wish or longing to be in your own online business. After all, running a successful online business looks comfortable from the outsider’s viewpoint.
What is the online entrepreneur doing that is different?
How does he seem to have a great life without working that hard?
What you don’t see is the slow, yet persistent, process of long hours at the computer, tedious tasks, and focused time on these key elements:
Wearing the beginner’s mindset
Focusing on the intention, not the goal at first.
Recognizing and using leverage.
Building a set of useful contacts.
Hiring a valuable mentor
All of the elements are crucial to the success of your online business. Let’s take a closer look.
Wearing the Beginner’s Mindset
The success of any brick-and-mortar or online business needs the best personal mindset from the beginning.
A healthy mindset doesn’t guarantee success, but it is the best step of strength in the right directions.
[ctt template=”5″ link=”upfNV” via=”yes” ]Healthy, prosperous thinking is a foundation stone for an online business success. @parent_coach[/ctt]
1. The willingness to focus on the task as long as is necessary to achieve your goals, even if you set only one goal per day.
2. Start with a sound business plan from the beginning and don’t fly by the seat of your pants. Don’t believe that you can learn and earn as you go along.
3. Don’t hope for the best. Rather, make the best happen through your intentions and goals and get help when you need it.
Recognizing and Using Leverage
Stretch your time and dollars far as you learn to use the power of the Internet to make your online business successful.
Your first temptation may be to do everything first. That isn’t possible. Building your foundation first is more realistic.
The foundation is your base of operations:
Intentions and values that guide your business
Determine your brand and how you want to represent yourself or your business.
Website – leverage search engine optimization
Gain page rank on Google through content like blogging, a course, or through articles on blogs or videos on vlogs.
These steps leverage your becoming indexed and available in the search engines. Leveraging also includes branding yourself, your website and your products.
Your reputation and credibility are everything on the internet. Don’t take any shortcuts.
Want to start a successful online business but don’t know where to start? Does all the steps for making a business successful seems dreadful to you?
Have a look at our course Successful Business Set-up in systemized steps and join us for a journey to take your business from a startup to a success.
You are a savvy coach who wants to earn more and have premium clients who honor what you do and want to be part of your tribe.
I find that people believe the following money myths, mostly on an unconscious level, yet the unconscious can run our daily lives. Coaches are savvy on self-awareness, so take these money myths to heart. It’s troublesome to form sound financial ideas once you’ve supported false beliefs over time. Wow, they do become burned into our brains. Change limiting beliefs and you’ll strengthen your foundation for making sound monetary choices.
- Money myths equates with being happy. Actually, a study done at Princeton University showed there is a correlation between financial gain and happiness, to a point. Happiness and emotional well-being improve with a rise in pay, up to $75,000. On the far side that, however, any increase failed to offer further benefits or enhancements.Other analysis shows that the amount of respect and social influence someone receives is the most valued asset. Of course, Money has some influence on these two things
- A disproportionate number of very successful individuals come from poor backgrounds. It’s staggering what number of extremely successful individuals never finished high school because adversity can build resilience. Average individuals tend to be predictive of average results. If a person learns from their experiences, their resilience seems to naturally carry them forward. Move beyond average.
- There will be enough time later to retire, save money, or pay for the kids’ college education. This is a because conditions don’t always get better, as this last economic crunch proves. However now is always a great time for saving.
- Additional education means more cash. There is a difference in lifetime earnings between those with high school educations and those with college degrees. However, skill sets vary for earning income when the economic cycle fluctuates. In some fields, those with graduate degrees really earn less.
- Budgeting is the best plan to tighten your belt. A home budget could be a nice plan, however, is there room in that budget for a larger purchase or an emergency item?
Do any of those money myths limit you in any way? Being real and recognizing and eliminating false beliefs is powerful in opening your mind to new possibilities. Continue learning and your monetary experience can still grow. Do you want to earn what you are worth? Looking to start a business?? Have a look at our course Successful Coaching Business Set-Up In Systemized Steps and learn a step by step strategy from starting a business to making money out of it.