You need a plan in order to make your business idea a reality. Your coaching business blueprint will guide your business from the beginning to ensure your success.
First Steps of Business Model
Name your business – using your real name or a name that identiﬁes your services.
Choose a name that can grow with you and define your focus accordingly as to local, international, or international attention.
How expansive do you envision this?
Can your business name withstand international scrutiny?
Finding a corresponding URL name, even a misspelled one, is a necessary presence today.
Also, buy your name as a domain name.
Tiers of Business Formats
Hang out your shingle and take personal checks as a solo entrepreneur
Legally set up a sole proprietorship as doing business in your state in your business name, The advantages of this business model are the setup
•Is more professional
•Allows payments are made to business name
•Could be eligible for PayPal business account.
•The accounting separates the personal expenses from the business expenses.
- Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) – the beneﬁt is that you receive the liability protection of a corporation, but the tax beneﬁts of a sole proprietorship. Cost could be between $500 to $1000 for setup and paperwork fees.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) – Two or more coaches working together. Each partner is responsible for mistakes, and tax liability doesn’t cross over to partner.
- If unsure, start as a sole proprietorship and carefully investigate the pros and cons.
Managing the technology of a successful online biz for marketing, social media, and digital products confounds coaches. You might want to know:
- How an autoresponder connects to your website.
- Where do you send buyers to a “thank-you-purchase page.?”
- Which credit card processor should you use?
- Is Paypal enough? Do you need Stripe?
[tweetshareinline tweet=”Every business owner asks these questions because the online biz model is specific and follows a structure.” username=”parent_Coach”]
Your website is your home base online, where you’ll blog, post videos, maybe host a podcast, and create your sales and landing pages. People who read your blog could be potential clients who found answers to their issues.
It is not complicated, although it appears so. Here is what you need:
1. WordPress for a website or an online store. A virtual assistant could get your site established. You could start running a business in a day.
2. Email Manager is the next step to start building your mailing list. You’ll need an autoresponder that serves the function exactly as named–an autoresponder service such as
3. To use your autoresponder, you’ll create a series of follow-up emails that automatically get sent. You set the schedule for sending them out.
The autoresponders refer to and are part of your product funnel. Autoresponders are designed to promote your services like group coaching or your product like an Ebook or a checklist.
4. For the free downloaded ebook or list, you create an Opt-in Offer. Then place a form on your website to collect email addresses of everyone who wants your service or product.
Shopping Cart or Payment Processor
5. How will a customer pay you for your product or coaching services? The most convenient, and simple way to sell a product is through Paypal and your website. You will need a PayPal account set up in the business name or your name. Another payment option is Stripe.
Explore the Paypal payment plugins for your online biz web site. The way to set up PayPal payments on a website page is to…
- Create a PayPal button that generates a code.
- Then paste the code into a sales page. Paypal will notify you when a sale occurs, and you should be prepared to follow up each sale with a series of email autoresponders. Again this is automated through your Email program or your shopping cart solution.
I highly recommend an automated system because it is a massive time saver. Consider purchasing a shopping cart. These can be self-hosted or as a monthly service.
- The shopping cart will
- Take care of delivering the product.
- Adding the purchaser to the appropriate mailing list, And send follow up emails.
You can even choose a cart that tracks affiliate sales if you’d like to entice others to promote your online biz products and services.
The easiest way a parent coach knows coaching clients is to understand their current problems and needs.
One of the conditions for someone to hire you as their parent coach or family coach is that they believe you can help them with their problem, be a better person, help them change their parenting behaviors, etc.
If you know how the ideal client defines her problem, you can show that expertise in your writing, web site, and through talks, and blog articles. It is important for her to know you can help her. It is more important to show her how you do that, and this checklist clarifies information.
Living situation (where, what type of place, with whom) Occupation Work situation (position, income, general job description)
Who is she close to?
What is her relationship with her family?
Where does her family live?
What is her core temperament type?
What size is her body (wt, ht)?
Hair color and style?
Does she exercise? How and how often?
What does she do for fun, hobbies? What does she do on weekends? Does she eat out or eat in more?
If she eats out quite a bit, at what types of places?
What is her name?
Thoughts or Questions
What keeps her up worrying at night? (This is a key question for you to ask yourself about your ideal client.)
Most importantly: what precipitated her calling for an appointment now?
How would she describe her problem?
How would she answer the question: What would you like from parent coaching
Five Years From Now?
It is important to have a vision of your future when you design your parent coach business plan and marketing strategy as a parent coach. Here is a checklist to spark innovative thoughts for your business.
- How big do you want your business to grow?
- How much time can you devote to it now, and five years from now?
- What hours of the day do you want to work now, and once your business is going?
- Are you going to take phone calls all hours of the day and night?
- Are you going to take evening clients? In parent coaching, many clients will want evening or weekend appointments. Can you accommodate them?
- What hours do you want to relax with your family?
Take the time to write down a schedule of your ideal week, including time for relaxation and taking care of your health. Whether you are single or married, whether your children are in college or are toddlers, come up with a personalized design that allows you to meet your family obligations and your own needs to relax and grow as a person.
If your best moments come when you are in nature, plan your week so you have that time to spend in nature and to reconnect with yourself. Don’t let go of what most satisfies your own soul because of business obligations.
As a coach to families, people regard you as a role model. You have to model a healthy integration of work and family for your clients. If you don’t succeed, how can you expect help others succeed?
In the beginning being a parent coach you will focus primary energy into marketing and networking, which are usually unpaid tasks to build into your business plan.
Fill your heart and mind with optimism as you network and market your parent coaching practice. Your positive attitude and caring are what attract people to work with a parent coach. The image you reflect when you show up is much more important than any piece of sheepskin.
When small businesses fail, it is usually because of lack of planning and design. When you create your coaching business, be sure you have realistic expectations about how much time you can devote to it now and in the future. Develop a schedule for today and five years from now. If you work out of your house, build clear separations between your personal life and your business. Do this by only working certain hours, shutting the business down regularly for personal time, and by having a work place clearly separate from your living area.
Now if you are looking right ahead into the future, it’s now the time to take step toward that goal or desired future. If you are not a parent coaching already, look into our certifications for parent coaching but if you are already a parent coach and you are looking for someone to show you all the steps to make your coaching business successful, signup for our course Successful Business Set-up in systemized steps to skyrocket your startup today.
Successful Business Set-up in systemized steps
certifications for parent coaching