Many parents have told ACPI family coaches that understanding how their core temperaments clashed with their child’s developing traits was a profound experience.
My Role Is…
The certified family coach or consultant is an upbeat example and influence in assisting families today. Coaching Families could include defining their values, creating a family crest, making communication maps, or establishing family meetings. Coaching families could include systematizing the routines that help family member enjoy each other more.
The coaches define:
- The roles they wish to offer families,
- How to design the family-coach agreement,
- Their personal brand, strengths, and their coaching tools,
- Discuss their ideas of how coaching with families looks and works
The skills for coaching families received through ACPI training include:
- Knowing personal core values
- Knowing core temperaments traits
- Demonstrating how you recognize core temperament patterns in your life.
- Demonstrating why this is a foundation for your coaching skills
- Demonstrating why this knowledge is beneficial in working with a family member or members, and how it empowers your ability to coach people.
- Determine family needs – time management? Financial planning? De-stress times? Prioritize values and family decisions.
- Coaching through discipline issues
Practicality Versus Passion
Your passion skills set is best recalled from enjoyable childhood moments. Do you remember moments in your childhood that felt freeing and fun? One that I remember was bike riding on a Saturday afternoon. The freedom to explore and wind around different neighborhoods cleared my mind and rejuvenated my body. The passion skills set of exploring neighborhoods and enjoying the outdoors is now my walking daily to clear my head and get a fresh perspective on business or a project.
Such childhood memories that we’re passionate about aren’t really the most practical things to do when we grow up and become “responsible.” So we often put off when more pressing “responsible” concerns arise like taking the kids to extracurricular activities.
Truths About Passion Skills and Temperaments
If your passion feels obscure or far away, you may not think that the practical skills are worth exploring. However they are, and if you identify with even one of these three reasons, then do explore how to make your passion skills set practical.
- Fifty percent of our motivation to pursue a passion stems from our core temperament(s). From temperaments comes what we value, and our innate drive keeps pushing us toward using our strengths and putting talents to use. If you don’t use your innate talents, you don’t lose them. Quite the contrary happens. They rise up and get in your face!
- Thus you cannot squash your passion. It keeps nudging you, reminding you, trying to motivate you to a course of action.
- You will always feel out of sync when not aligned with values and using passion skills set. The best examples I can provide are the men and women who have pursued the careers of their parents or went for what they “thought” was the right thing, only to be disappointed later.
The solution to staying motivated is to bring your passion skills set into practical living and practical projects. It is possible to find the practical skills behind your passion. My passion has always been writing, and, eventually in my adult years, I followed these steps to embrace my passion. If I didn’t, it hounded me.
“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”
Writing Short Stories
Let’ start with the more common one. There are many secret writers, who love to create poetry or prose, but we all know that most authors don’t end up on the best seller list. In fact, most writers never make a dime from their writings. They write and narrate because they feel the calling to do so. They enjoy writing because it motivates them and makes them happy. They are using their core strengths, which is a natural thing to do. The are building a skill set and making it better each time
The Creative Magic Sparks
When someone is following a normal talent or motivation or nudge, a spark of magic happens, and the door of creativity opens. Ideas pour into the writer’s mind. A strange character for the novel introduces herself. The ending of the story took a new turn and recreated a new ending.
Like the old writer’s joke says: How can I start writing? Answer: Sit down and start start writing. In the literal sense, when you practice your passion, even for fun and just for yourself, you are honing the creative skills.
“It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.” —Mae Jemison
Here are more steps to discover these skills.
- Take an objective look at what you do as a writer.
When you sit down to write something, take a moment and jot down all of the things that you’re doing or are about to do. For example:
Create a story
Organize the idea
Research/describe the setting of the story
Commit to a project from start to finish
- Research the job descriptions of writer. Do a web search for “writer job description.” This will give you some great insight into the skills built through writing.
Make a list of the skills you find in a few of the job.
Go through the list and pull out skills that you feel apply best to you and add them to the first
- Research writers’ websites and look at the services they provide to give you some insight into skills you hadn’t considered. Add them to your list.
Now you ave created a real-life practical skills list for a passion that motivates your path. If you decide to take the next steps, they are mix, mingle, and learn.
Writers are often solitary souls who need a writer’s group for support. Join one or start one.
Go to writing events and talk to other writers who love what they do as much as you do. There are conferences, festivals and networking events for a wide variety of topics.
Find local writing events by doing a web search. Not only will you learn about the skills that you have developed, you might meet some cool new writing friends to support you in following your passion..
You can use these same steps to find passion skills sets in any area, and start using them to follow the natural course of your motivating strengths.
Are you a type of person who is looking to get out of this rat race and work for yourself from home by being your own boss?
Have a look at our courses and get one step closer to your dream life.
Coaches’s income streams takes planning premium content in varied formats and specific marketing sources to insure that you meet your income goals.
Setting Realistic Goals for Multiple Income Streams
Coaches are interpersonal helpers and need emotional and financial security. Most coaches I’ve met are not financially savvy people, but willing to learn and gain the financial planning skills.
So I ask, “How much do you want to earn?”
“Well,” the coach responds,”I guess it depends on what clients are willing to pay?”
“Wrong. It depends on what you want to earn? Let’s start planning what you want to earn.”
To make an annual income of $40, 000 you would spend 18 hours a week working one-to-one with clients.
Add five hours a week to consistently market your coaching practice, and you have 23 hours total of your work week.
Most likely you would have no more hours available if you have other people in your life who need you. You also have to consider your fatigue factor, burnout rate, or your ability to be inspiring all the time.
At ACPI, we encourage you to be more creative and find more fun ways to engage your clients. All of the ways you engage your clients in exchange for their investments are multiple income streams. Stop trading your valuable time for money and see below this sample of multiple income streams.
Go For The Larger Income Model From the Beginning
Why we at ACPI suggest that you began with larger income goals is to inspire your ideas and to motivate you to create a true business vision. Then through planning your Relationship Coaching business financial goals, you can initiate a six-month or twelve month plan to offer ready made courses, group coaching, training in emotional competence skills, as well as information products. ACPI provides these courses for you.
Many coaches start by pricing their services lower to attract more clients. Then when they are busy and their time is scheduled, they have no choice but to increase those hourly fees and risk losing those clients who are paying already. Why not focus on clients who have the ability to pay for your services up front and recognize the value you provide.
Few coaches, who come from helping professions to ACPI, have set income goals and actually brainstormed on how to achieve that.
The multiple income streams below have a targeted number of clients drawn to what you offer in a variety of courses, teleseminars, private coaching, or live trainings. You can see that even with minimal training, your ability to earn income can include any activities you like to provide.
Otherwise without offering what you are passionate about, you are more likely to burn out and be overwhelmed. So see what is possible below. Use this sample income stream chart to plan your own Relationship Coaching journey.
Planning Income Example
6 Month income projection
|One hour coaching for 8-weeks
||One hour @ $85.00/4 weeks x 8 clients
|Course 1: Core Temperament Communication
||4-week course and group coaching for 20 people @ $150
||$3000 Offer 2x in 6 months
|Course 2: Emotional Skills in Relationships
||4-week course and coaching support for couples.10 couples @ $500 each
||$5000 Offer once every 6 months.
|One-day Live Training in Relationships
||For 10 couples @ $897 per couple.
||$8970 Offer once every 6 months
|| 2 teleseminars per month @ $20.00–40 people per month
The great gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy, we can all sense a mysterious connection to each other.” ~ Meryl Streep
Get Paid For Your Talents
The ability to resonate with another person on a deep level is the talent of a parenting coach, and all coaches for that matter. Such resonance is achieved through empathy, the ability to feel with her client, not to feel for them or about them. Resonating with clients is a striking intuitive knowing which enables you, as a parenting coach, to predict their needs and provide an unprecedented quality of caring.
The ability to resonate with others is the character strength of a person whose core temperament is Interpersonal, adaptive, or supporting. You are a natural in being supportive and caring in your responses to others. The mottos of the Academy for Coaching Parents International are focused around this concept of empathy:
“To empower and sustain loving relationships” and
“To make a difference.”
The first thing a coach does is establish a loving relationship with the client, who may be a parent, grandparent, caregiver or anyone who has hired a coach to help them better parent or serve as a more effective guardian or caregiver to children.
Parent coaches assist, help, inform, inspire, and educate. They provide clarity, reflection, and reality checks for parental illusion, and support a parent’s intuition. They are responsive and responsible as they provide frameworks and structures for conversations around sensitive issues.
A parent coach may serve as a coach for a parent’s personal confidence, or is involved with family relationships and parent/child issues. A parent coach is a mentor, not a doctor, minister or therapist. A coach is a friendly person a parent can call with everyday problems. A coach provides encouragement and expertise, coaching and challenges, all with the foundation of empathy. Through empathy the connection is made.
Are We Born With Empathy?
- Empathy is more than feeling pain; it is also connecting to one’s struggle, emotional intention, as well as feelings of joy and celebration.
- Babies demonstrate empathy in a global sense. If other babies cry, then babies respond with crying.
- By the time a child is 2 ½ years old, he or she has developed a self-identity and understands the feelings of distress belong to his playmate or parent or sibling.
- You will see preschool children empathize by reaching out to alleviate another’s distress through words or touch.
- By age 8, a child understands the human plight of birth, death and vulnerability.
Children depend upon the demonstrations of responsiveness, warmth and empathy from the people in their world to continue cultivating connection and empathy within themselves… or their ability to remain empathic is up for grabs.
A parent coach is the model for empathy, helping a parent to learn the use of empathy through modeling. In turn, a parent who feels successful will model responsiveness with their children. AND…we will have succeeded in making a difference – the truer mission of a parenting coach.
Let your genome make you successful:
Now you think have an empathy gene? Would you like to use it for making a difference in the world and at the same time get out of this rat race and be financially successful at the same time?
To make money online as a parent-family coach or an ACPI Trainer, you need to market your business online. The following marketing tips and ideas will guide your marketing efforts.
- When you decide who you want to work with, keep narrowing down your ideal client to a specific niche or group. Don’t send a marketing message to a general group. Specifically target the demographic you want to work with.
Narrow it down like this example: Dads….of teens….preparing to graduate from high school….who need a Core Temperament Inventory…..to consider career choices.
2. Talk about your business everywhere. Network with prospective clients. Give speeches at conferences. Clearly articulate your value when talking about your business in a video presentation for online viewing.
3. Write about your business in blog posts, newsletters, magazines and newspapers. A case study presents your strengths in helping a client. You could also discuss group coaching and when and how you offer services. Sell value! Send out a press release when you add a new service or you are just starting your business.
4. Be active on social media. Participate by answering questions, providing helpful information and being authentic. Over the last three years and the changes made to social media offering, Facebook still remain primary. Facebook also bought Instagram, and placing an ad on both sites bring traffic to you and your web site.
5. Create a professional looking website. Include your services, testimonials and an about you page as well as the home page.
6. While I do not advocate free sessions, you will notice in reading blogs that it is a popular way to meet new possible clients. Give away a free coaching session and see which prospective clients go on to purchase a bigger package.
7. Build a strong client list. Keep in contact with them, asking for referrals and testimonials.
8. Send out a regular newsletter and update your blog regularly.
9. Comment on other blogs and social media channels with relevant information. These types of connections, formed through social media, are reciprocated when you support others and ask for the same.
10. Get interviewed by a well-known person in your niche. Promote your coaching services during the interview.
11. Create YouTube videos with helpful information. Include links to your coaching services.
12. Include a link to your website on everything, including your email signature.
Marketing is a necessity in any business for making money online. It is how clients will find you.
The Next Step
Making money online with your coaching business can be done in many ways. It’s about how you package yourself as an expert, the marketing plan you create to get the word out about your services and the different types of services and products you offer. Your next step is to decide on your market, plan out your marketing, determine how you are going to make money, and begin attracting clients.