To help clients, the consultants and the coaches can offer ways to help people control their thoughts or habits and become happier people. Determine what they need and fulfill those needs where possible.
What certified professional coaches do for their clients falls along the line of helping to determine the goals and committing to their achievement. The coach’s role is also to help the client be accountable.
On the other hand, certified professional consultants help their clients by giving advice, and also could fill in the coaching role. There are two ways to approach a client’s fulfillment.
The first, behavior modification, allows you to change a person’s undesirable behaviors using positive reinforcement.
The second method of influencing is reality modification, and we’ll concentrate most of our attention on this. This influencing technique is successful because of the way that you present your request. You know what people need.
There are three primary goals people subconsciously seek:
- Symbolic rewards
- Material gains
We all need symbolic rewards, such as recognition and praise. Everybody wants to feel valuable or unique. The act of praising and recognizing another is a strong motivator. Always reward good deeds with praise, and give positive, constructive criticism where change is needed. If you are patient, in time you will see the results of your work with your client.
Material rewards mean a lot to people, whether they realize it or not. In any capitalist society, some people view one’s material gain as a symbol of high value. Since money produces material gain, it is a strong motivator, and it can have a strong influence on others.
Everyone needs security and stability. Security is attained when people feel they belong and are needed by others. People want security in their jobs, friends, and families. There are many ways to increase other people’s feelings of security:
- Clearly define for others what you have to offer and what you expect from them in return. Tell them why the relationship you have with them is the way it is.
- Make people feel that they are needed and belong in the relationship with you. Show a need for their presence.
- Let others know what their efforts are accomplishing and how they are affecting you. Show them that their efforts are appreciated.
- Make sure that parties in the relationship are compatible.
- Emphasize comfort. Make sure people are comfortable in their relationships with you.
" Parent Coach, Life Coach, Family Coach.....people will call you. Because at some point in a person’s life, they find they are in need of guidance on a personal, business, family, or a spiritual level. You can help!"
Parents and professionals face difficult decisions every day around problem solving, managing time, dealing with emotions, or dealing with children's discipline. This is where you, as a coach, come in. Coaches are trained to help people through specific strategies like asking questions.
Coaching breakthroughs in Negative Emotions
Coaching through self-discovery allows a client to find their personal truth and internal answers. The process doesn't rip off another's learning experience. You would offer your services to help others move forward."
[tweetshare tweet="Coaching through self-discovery allows a client to find their personal truth and internal answers. The process doesn't rip off another's learning experience. You would offer your services to help others move forward." username="*o^KFS8%4g)$b0mBBZ5JennOLFVF7X$J:1:0"]
But, you don’t want to just give away your services. You want to learn how to make money offering coaching online because it is a huge industry that encourages every type of coaching to be successful online.
Types of Coaching
The type of coaching you can offer depends on your training, specialty, interests and niche. ACPI specifically offers you training as a parent coach, family coach, temperament coach, life coach for parents, or parent-family coaching dual certification. For example you could train to be a:
- Life coach – This type of coach focuses on their clients’ life decisions and self-fulfillment, which includes all aspects of their life: personal, professional, health and relationships.
- Personal coach – This can be a life/career coach, or personal coaching within an organization by a mentor or manager.
- Parenting coach – This highly trained and knowledgeable professional’s main role is to provide support and guidance to parents and caregivers in the challenges of raising healthy, happy and successful children.
- Family Coach - A coach for families could coach online groups, offer courses, or coach specific family members about temperaments, communication, managing arguments, restitution for misbehavior, and more.
- Executive coach – This type of coach helps top-level management improve their decision making and leadership abilities. An executive coach has considerable experience in their field.
- Business coach - Business coaches guide people in their professional lives. This type of coach helps business owners by supporting them, holding them accountable and encouraging their goals and happiness..
- Confidence coach – This type helps clients build their self-esteem and confidence, helping them learn what is holding them back.
There are many types of coaching you can pursue. The niche you choose depends on your training, your goals and your passion.
How does a certified parenting coach hold the right mindset for the ideal clients they envision? Mindset: Focus on your client, not on you.
How You Think and Envision
When a new author writes a book, the author is filled with his or her personal story — it’s drama, it’s inspiration, and the need to have others learn from their experiences.
However, if the author wants to sell the book, he or she needs to know what the reader wants to read and ensure the book addresses that.
If a coach wants to sell services, the services or product must fulfill the client’s needs. The fulfillment is essential to demonstrate in your story, writing, advertising, and offerings. All of your marketing materials need to be client focused:
- About them — someone to listen to their story, not hear about yours
- About solving one of their issues — your book, story or brochure will tell how…
- About finding support — every word you write and every visual clue you use in a logo, color, design and copy reflects how you support them.
The New York Times best-read nonfiction books tend to be cookbooks, biographies of famous people, and how-to books on weight loss. If people are buying these books...
- Why are they doing so?
- What does a client want from a coach that is like a cookbook?
- A recipe, a formula, something that appeals to their appetites.
Remember who you are marketing to:
- A doer wants an achievement.
- A thinker wants the list of steps.
- The supporter who wants whatever is most practical, appealing and adaptable.
- The creative influencer wants to share the beauty with others and convince them of its benefits.
What does a coaching client want that is like a biography?
- The emotional connection to you.
- Small pieces of your life experience connect with their hearts and mind.
What does a coaching client crave?
- the answers
- the steps
- the hope
- the promise
- the guarantee
- the formula… …to their dilemma and solutions or strategies for the issues they deal with every day - the issues that overwhelm them or make them tired and edgy.
Successful coaches respond to the needs of their targeted clients just like an author who is writing a book for them. You answer their needs, provide the soul food they crave, and develop a heart connection. Then, you’ve got it! !