At the heart of your 1:1 coaching package is giving a client access to you. Your clients most want the ability to consult with you and learn from your experiences.
An important part of your coaching package design is to determine exactly how you’ll connect with your clients, when the contact will happen, and where.
Here are flexible options and can include:
- Phone calls
- Private Facebook group or forums
- Text messaging
- Mastermind group calls
- In-person, VIP days
In addition to determining how your clients will connect with you, you also need to decide how much contact will be allowed. Again, the details are completely up to you. You can offer:
- Weekly phone calls
- Monthly phone calls and daily email
- Emergency phone calls only with daily emails
- A limited number of “Urgent,” on-demand Skype chats
- Monthly mastermind group calls + private calls
- Monthly Skype calls with text messaging for emergencies
And here’s a tip: Daily access via email is a highly valuable benefits.
Few people will actually use it.
Making yourself available to clients in this way shows that you value your customer.
The Bottom Line
What will make your customers feel supported without causing you to burn out?
Aim for that contact frequency and format.
Also, consider how your clients will contact you.
- Find online the conference line that I use… UberConference.com is free and easy to use. The Zoom app has allowed me also to talk with persons around the world without charge.
- Email access is easy, but keep client work organized. One better idea is to establish a dedicated email address that you use just for coaching clients. It will be particularly useful if you offer something like daily email questions with a promise of a 24-hour response time. That way your important client emails won’t get lost among store coupons and pictures from your cousin’s wedding.
- Higher-touch coaching packages might offer in-person or virtual VIP days or even group retreats.
- VIP days can take place entirely online via Skype or Zoom, or your clients can visit you in your location.
- Typically, a long-term coaching program might offer one or two VIP days per year for the opportunity to work together–hands on, side-by-side– in her business or life plan. Without the distractions of home and kids, you and your client will accomplish a lot during a single VIP session.
Exercise: Decide Your Access & Availability