To make money online as a parent-family coach or an ACPI Trainer, you need to market your business online. The following marketing tips and ideas will guide your marketing efforts.
- When you decide who you want to work with, keep narrowing down your ideal client to a specific niche or group. Don’t send a marketing message to a general group. Specifically target the demographic you want to work with.
Narrow it down like this example: Dads....of teens....preparing to graduate from high school....who need a Core Temperament Inventory.....to consider career choices.
2. Talk about your business everywhere. Network with prospective clients. Give speeches at conferences. Clearly articulate your value when talking about your business in a video presentation for online viewing.
3. Write about your business in blog posts, newsletters, magazines and newspapers. A case study presents your strengths in helping a client. You could also discuss group coaching and when and how you offer services. Sell value! Send out a press release when you add a new service or you are just starting your business.
4. Be active on social media. Participate by answering questions, providing helpful information and being authentic. Over the last three years and the changes made to social media offering, Facebook still remain primary. Facebook also bought Instagram, and placing an ad on both sites bring traffic to you and your web site.
5. Create a professional looking website. Include your services, testimonials and an about you page as well as the home page.
6. While I do not advocate free sessions, you will notice in reading blogs that it is a popular way to meet new possible clients. Give away a free coaching session and see which prospective clients go on to purchase a bigger package.
7. Build a strong client list. Keep in contact with them, asking for referrals and testimonials.
8. Send out a regular newsletter and update your blog regularly.
9. Comment on other blogs and social media channels with relevant information. These types of connections, formed through social media, are reciprocated when you support others and ask for the same.
10. Get interviewed by a well-known person in your niche. Promote your coaching services during the interview.
11. Create YouTube videos with helpful information. Include links to your coaching services.
12. Include a link to your website on everything, including your email signature.
Marketing is a necessity in any business for making money online. It is how clients will find you.
The Next Step
Making money online with your coaching business can be done in many ways. It’s about how you package yourself as an expert, the marketing plan you create to get the word out about your services and the different types of services and products you offer. Your next step is to decide on your market, plan out your marketing, determine how you are going to make money, and begin attracting clients.
Knowing what client problems you solve (and for whom) is the next step. You need to know what outcome your clients will achieve.
If you've ever written a sales page, then you're familiar with the concept of features vs. benefits. Features describe the product. Benefits are the outcome of purchasing and using the product.
- A feature of a showerhead is that it’s “low flow.” The benefit is that you save on your water bill.
- A feature of exploring relationship issues is to identify personal desires and develop a plan to meet those desire.
- A feature of your new curtains is that they block light. The benefit is that you can sleep in on the weekends.
- A feature of your coaching program is that you are an expert in a specialized niche. The benefit is the outcome your clients will experience.
When you're thinking about the result you provide, try to see it from your potential client's point of view. The client problems cause her to struggle to find a solution.
- What will her life or business look like once she's completed your program?
- Will she make more money? How much? In what time frame?
- Will she find her dream date? Get engaged? Married? How soon?
- Will she grow her email list? By how much?
This significant benefit—or desired outcome—is what will sell your coaching program, which solves client problems, and is the light at the end of the tunnel in which your client is stuck. Every aspect of your coaching program should lead in this direction.
You may feel challenged now, as you determine to create the desired outcome of your coaching package. Real case studies and testimonials—and even your own experiences—can help.
Look to your past clients and their achievements. What have they gained as a result of working with you? Chances are you have some testimonials you can turn to for details, but if not, don’t be afraid to reach out to them to ask about their results.
Pro Tip: Create an “exit interview” as a part of all your training programs—both group and 1:1—so you can find out about results, ask for testimonials, and make improvements to your programs as well.
Exercise: What Will Your Client Achieve?
As with your statement of the problem, write the desired outcome of your program. (Example: My clients learn to dramatically scale their marketing efforts to triple their income within a year.)
Making money online with your coaching business means you will need clients. Attracting those clients could be difficult, but with practice the process can become easier.
Step 1 – Know Your Target Market
Narrow down your target market. Don’t try to get just any client. Choose a specific group or area of expertise that fit those people you want to coach or work with. Shape your message to serve this specific segment. Use the words they use for emotional topics or soft skills, Talk about the specific benefits you offer that provides solutions to their challenges.
Examples of target markets:
- Realtors who are faced with a lot of competition in a slow market.
- Hair salon owners wanting to find a way to stand out among other salons or who are overwhelmed with their work.
- Parenting coaches choosing to work with a special needs segment of the school population.
- A Family Coach who want to coach mothers and children through the divorce process.
Can you begin to see how attracting clients is your task and focus most every day. An this process could be automated.
Step 2 – Have confidence in your coaching service
Show you believe in your services and value your time in everything you say and do. Clients will see your value as well. How do you act or speak with confidence? Do you speak about how you offer services? Then switch the discussion to the vapes and emotional benefits your clients feel and experience when they work with you.
Step 3 – Connect with prospects
When talking to prospects, really listen and connect with them. Let them that feel you understand. Take the time to let your prospective clients know you as a person. Become known as someone who is friendly, helpful and willing to go the extra mile.
Step 4 – Be where they gather
Go to the forums, meetings and social media outlets where your prospective clients are hanging out. Interact with them. Network with them at events.
Step 5 – Show yourself as the expert
Get your knowledge out among the crowd by answering questions and helping others in the places where your clients are gathering. Write articles and books on your niche. Use social media as a way to create a buzz around your coaching business. Use Twitter, Facebook and your own blog to help spread the word about your services.
Volunteer to speak at networking events and conferences to build your reputation as an expert. Choose Facebook Live as a venue for coaching or educating prospective clients. Ask for testimonials from current clients to build your authority. Form alliances with other coaches and people in your niche.
Step 6 – Ask for referrals
Ask your current and past clients for referrals. Everyone knows of a friend, colleague or family member who might be a good fit for your services.
Step 7 – Create a compelling marketing message
Your marketing message, tagline and elevator speech should grab the attention of prospects and make them want to call you.
Step 8 – Create your services package
Package your services, what you offer and what you know into courses and systems that make the prospective client take notice and want to work with you. Your coaching packages should be positioned so they sell themselves also apart from packaged programs.
Step 9 – Create a marketing plan
Create a specific plan to help you reach your prospective clients. Don’t put all your eggs in the same basket. Use several different types of marketing. For example, some methods that a parenting coach might use to become better known in their community would be to
- offer a free parenting talk at the local library
- write for a local parenting newspaper, to magazine
Step 10 – Learn to close the sale
Once you have attracted your ideal client, age next step is making a sale. To do that, learn how to close the sale properly so you don’t scare a person away or leave them hanging by not providing the next step.
Attracting your ideal client gets easier the more you do it. Spending time in the right places and using the right marketing plan can help.
" Parent Coach, Life Coach, Family Coach.....people will call you. Because at some point in a person’s life, they find they are in need of guidance on a personal, business, family, or a spiritual level. You can help!"
Parents and professionals face difficult decisions every day around problem solving, managing time, dealing with emotions, or dealing with children's discipline. This is where you, as a coach, come in. Coaches are trained to help people through specific strategies like asking questions.
Coaching breakthroughs in Negative Emotions
Coaching through self-discovery allows a client to find their personal truth and internal answers. The process doesn't rip off another's learning experience. You would offer your services to help others move forward."
[tweetshare tweet="Coaching through self-discovery allows a client to find their personal truth and internal answers. The process doesn't rip off another's learning experience. You would offer your services to help others move forward." username="*o^KFS8%4g)$b0mBBZ5JennOLFVF7X$J:1:0"]
But, you don’t want to just give away your services. You want to learn how to make money offering coaching online because it is a huge industry that encourages every type of coaching to be successful online.
Types of Coaching
The type of coaching you can offer depends on your training, specialty, interests and niche. ACPI specifically offers you training as a parent coach, family coach, temperament coach, life coach for parents, or parent-family coaching dual certification. For example you could train to be a:
- Life coach – This type of coach focuses on their clients’ life decisions and self-fulfillment, which includes all aspects of their life: personal, professional, health and relationships.
- Personal coach – This can be a life/career coach, or personal coaching within an organization by a mentor or manager.
- Parenting coach – This highly trained and knowledgeable professional’s main role is to provide support and guidance to parents and caregivers in the challenges of raising healthy, happy and successful children.
- Family Coach - A coach for families could coach online groups, offer courses, or coach specific family members about temperaments, communication, managing arguments, restitution for misbehavior, and more.
- Executive coach – This type of coach helps top-level management improve their decision making and leadership abilities. An executive coach has considerable experience in their field.
- Business coach - Business coaches guide people in their professional lives. This type of coach helps business owners by supporting them, holding them accountable and encouraging their goals and happiness..
- Confidence coach – This type helps clients build their self-esteem and confidence, helping them learn what is holding them back.
There are many types of coaching you can pursue. The niche you choose depends on your training, your goals and your passion.
As a certified coach for parents or families, you can better envision your sales funnel components by taking one step at a time.
The Effective Sales Funnel Components
For a sales funnel to work, there are two key components. The first is the offer you make to people, and the second is how you keep in touch with them.
Step One - Opt-in Giveaways: Opt-in giveaways are freebies that you offer website visitors in exchange for their name and email address. You provide a digital ebook, or a checklist or worksheet in the topic of interest to your clients or audiences.
Step Two - Front-end Offers: Front-end offers are small ticket offers you make to your list to qualify them. In a sense, you offer an ebook, a podcast audio, or a teaching video to be part of the sales funnel components.This step in the funnel includes a price tag of $7 to $10 and your audience would consider this digital product, group coaching, or an Ebook to be high quality and would be interested.
Step Three - Start and Stick With the Connection - People who are interested in your topic have given you their email and now trust you to treat it with respect. Also, you know that the topic could be evergreen and you want to offer it again in a later sales cycle. The new emails that you gathered are entered into your email program and you'll communicate regularly with them. Much of this Email process can be automated, and you will learn the business of automation in later blogs entries under the Category Business Automation.
Step Four - Subscription Products Instead of making a one-time sale, subscription products keep your prospects paying on a regular basis in exchange for your valuable content. Or, membership sites also could require monthly fees for membership in exchange for a variety of premium content. In fact, a membership site is considered one business model.
The best subscription model is a membership site where your offers can be purchased singly, as in buying a course or a book, or a package of both. By now, your sales funnel components are attracting interested persons. And, at this level for products, the pricing is extended upward to $20, $27 or $37. A large package of valuable information could be $100 plus and well into thousands of dollars for top content in your niche.
Step Five - One-Time Offers are are those that are time-limited, adding scarcity to the sales equation, which helps a client make a choice to purchase, This becomes one consistent marketing strategy. After a website visitor has shared their email or opted into a subscription to your newsletter or content site, then they receive one-tine offers periodically based on your marketing model. Their subscription shows you their interest and willingness to purchase a product. Marketing to your email list includes making them offers and giving them valuable, exclusive content.
Conclusion - Since your landing page is the entry point of your sales funnel, it needs to be properly search engine optimized.