This content is restricted to subscribers
To help clients, the consultants and the coaches can offer ways to help people control their thoughts or habits and become happier people. Determine what they need and fulfill those needs where possible.
What certified professional coaches do for their clients falls along the line of helping to determine the goals and committing to their achievement. The coach's role is also to help the client be accountable.
The first, behavior modification, allows you to change a person's undesirable behaviors using positive reinforcement.
The second method of influencing is reality modification, and we'll concentrate most of our attention on this. This influencing technique is successful because of the way that you present your request. You know what people need.
There are three primary goals people subconsciously seek:
- Symbolic rewards
- Material gains
We all need symbolic rewards, such as recognition and praise. Everybody wants to feel valuable or unique. The act of praising and recognizing another is a strong motivator. Always reward good deeds with praise, and give positive, constructive criticism where change is needed. If you are patient, in time you will see the results of your work with your client.
Material rewards mean a lot to people, whether they realize it or not. In any capitalist society, some people view one's material gain as a symbol of high value. Since money produces material gain, it is a strong motivator, and it can have a strong influence on others.
Everyone needs security and stability. Security is attained when people feel they belong and are needed by others. People want security in their jobs, friends, and families. There are many ways to increase other people's feelings of security:
- Clearly define for others what you have to offer and what you expect from them in return. Tell them why the relationship you have with them is the way it is.
- Make people feel that they are needed and belong in the relationship with you. Show a need for their presence.
- Let others know what their efforts are accomplishing and how they are affecting you. Show them that their efforts are appreciated.
- Make sure that parties in the relationship are compatible.
- Emphasize comfort. Make sure people are comfortable in their relationships with you.
If you need a break or change of pace, use positive thinking to shift your attitude or mindset. As a Parent Coach, you could bring this method of focused positivity to people, who don’t know they have the power of to change. If you truly want to lead a better life then it is extremely important to put positive thinking into action right now.
You can understand the positive thinking in the following way:
- Positive thinking is the ability in having the resources and the ability to stay positive in any type of crisis.
- A positive person recognizes a situation for what it is, but they will not panic and will not let the situation get them down.
As a positive person, you show the following traits:
1. You have the ability to remain focused. Instead of thinking negatively, you look at a situation in a positive manner and know how to deal with it.
2. You will be more in control. As a positive person, you likely will not make impulsive decisions. Instead, you will think through the situations, and take the time to consider better judgment call.
3. You attract like-minded people. If you concentrate on seeing things positively, you magnetize to you those people who think the same way.
4. Making an effort to shift your focus to positive, your mindset will change and your outlook will alter. Even if you are faced with a bad situation, you won’t be focusing on a negative result. Instead, you can see the good which will ultimately come from the situation.
There are many benefits to becoming a positive thinker. Your overall health will improve and you will feel as though you have the energy and the motivation to get through each day. Your outlook on life will get better and you won’t automatically look at every obstacle in a negative manner. Instead, you will have learned how to handle any situation and to expect a good outcome no matter what.
The road to improving your mind and body will not always be easy. But if you take one positive step at a time, you make a significant difference in others lives. This is a smart trait of parenting coaches.
Why a positive mindset is important
When you start thinking about positivity, your whole attitude changes. You will see your environment with a new light. A positive mind allows you to handle everyday situations far better, and this includes all the ups and downs. The act of positive thinking is a habit that will allow you to dream about your future and take actions to make things happen!
Here are a few ways to always keep your mind thinking positively:
- Always keep your sense of humor
Don’t allow negative thoughts to intrude
Be grateful for what you have and don’t dwell on what you don’t have
Try to be surrounded by positive thinking people
Don’t become a worrier
Yes, it is hard to always think with a positive mind, but once you start thinking this way, you will feel better in general. A positive mind generates positive energy and helps to you feel like a winner.