This content is restricted to subscribers
Here are several examples to help market your coaching or consulting practice. These examples will help you master your marketing skills while others will simply grow your network, with the potential for additional revenue-enhancing techniques.
Create an advanced and broad network.
• Do your homework – find an online network that meets your needs.
• Meet other top coaches and form an alliance.
• Help others as often as possible and ask for help yourself.
• Become a person that others want to know.
Become locally or nationally known.
• Create a press kit.
• Offer a free session to high-profile clients.
• Get in the news or on TV – offer to comment on relevant issues.
• Send out consistent press releases.
• Become a known expert in your field.
• Appear on a talk or radio show.
• Write a column on a blog or in a newspaper.
The Internet is the advanced form of spreading the news about your business.
• Create or develop a professional website.
• Get links from other sites to your site.
• Create daily, useful content on your website.
• Add meta tags for search engine spiders.
• Create a scheduled newsletter to share information.
Become respected in your field.
• Create a niche in the business by finding a specialty.
• Find an “edge” and become certified as a coach with credentialing.
• Speak with other coaches and offer to teach for them.
• Write a book or ebook and compose articles, blogs, etc.
Becoming an Expert
As a professional, take the time to become an expert at your craft.
• Develop better listening and diagnostic skills.
• Speak in simple terms with potential clients. Don't over-explain!
• Understand and master your coaching skills.
• Read books to enhance your skills and knowledge level
• Consider attending a coaching conference.
Learn how to sell your product or service and yourself.
• Create an elevator pitch - a one-sentence introduction.
• Know what you’re selling and why you’re selling it.
• Take time to serve every potential buyer.
• In sales, be absolutely fearless.
• Ask open-ended questions rather than yes or no.
By always delivering more than a promise, referrals can be endless.
• Know your strengths and understand your weaknesses.
• Identify your target audience and clients.
• Learn to pass on clients that do not align with your skills.
• Consider offering free introductory discovery calls.
• Do not be afraid to ask for referrals—casual or otherwise.
Know what you are selling and give everyone something to buy.
• Offer the chance for group coaching.
• License all of your programs and work.
• Offer or sell mp3 or audio tapes to potential clients.
• Take the time to launch a virtual university.
Each of us, who works online, knows that you build your list of e-mail addresses for successful marketing on the Internet. Your compilation of email addresses is your single, most powerful tool.
You already have the e-mail addresses of the people who may be interested in what you have to offer. Why not sell items that are related to topics in your email messages. The person, who trusted you enough to provide their email automatically, gave you the consent to communicate. The informative tips in this blog discuss how to build your list in successful ways.
Tip Number 1: Blogging is king.
More precisely, regular blog posting is king. Starting a blog can be easy or difficult, depending on how you approach the task. The easy way is to automate your blog as you establish it. WordPress (WP) is one such tool of choice. It works on plug-ins and templates. You create a customized look without the problems using coding.
If you can post a blog entry once a day, then you are doing well. I chose to post a new article every 3rd day. The timing allowed me to market each piece for several days on my social media accounts with the idea of generating leads to build your list.
Tip Number 2: Stay relevant.
Whether you are posting blog entries or sending e-mails to the addresses on your list, you need to stay on topic. If a client sees your facebook post, and then receives an email with useful information on another aspect of the same issue, they can connect the dots between you, the topic, and the varied streams of information.. You then maintain focus on the very subject that got people interested in the first place.
When you move away from the topic of interest, people will start skipping over what you send them. If they lose interest, then next step is marking your messages as spam. To make a transition to a new or ancillary topic, state the reason to move from topic one to topic two Use proper paragraphing can achieve this effect of movement.
Tip Number 3: Make a proper squeeze page.
A squeeze page (no, I don't know why it is called that!) is a straightforward webpage built with an offer for visitors in exchange for their e-mail addresses. Sometimes the email is a way to access an online course, download a free ebook, or gain access to a membership site.
Examples of squeeze page software are Clickfunnels and Leadpages”
Don't confuse the squeeze page with a sales page. A squeeze page asks for an email in exchange for information or a gift of sorts. A sales page does sell your services and products that are displayed on the pages along with price points. What you put on a squeeze page is the premise of your service and sales content and headlines.
Tip Number 4: Skip the video on squeeze pages, or people will skip it.
Video works for generating leads, verifying your expertise, and convincing visitors to buy. People who visit your squeeze page and opt-in are the impulsive personality type. They come to the squeeze page to download what you offer. Mostly, they aren't the patient type, even with high-speed broadband, to watch a video.
By keeping your squeeze pages free of videos, you allow it to load quickly and cleanly. Your visitors get to read the salient points right away, and they will opt-in during that magic moment when they decide they like what you do and represent.
Tip Number 5: No heavyweight effects on your squeeze page
In addition to not putting videos on your squeeze page, also avoid media that consume high bandwidths. I have seen audio files, sparkling glitter, and falling raindrops on websites. The site was pretty, but...
Sounds and music slow down the loading time of the website. Ensure that images are compressed too. Smarter Internet users block media from untrusted sources, so your special effects are just left out, and you do not lose your intended impact.
Tip Number 6: Use video in your posts!
YouTube has made publishing videos a breeze, and it is free, which means you can get a stronger emotional connection with your audience. Facebook Live offers a shorter video opportunity if you have a tribe or group with whom you teach and converse.
For awesome impact, add videos to blog posts. While some people prefer to read, higher numbers of people like to watch and listen. By including a video in your well-written blog posts, you can generate leads from the readers as well as the listeners.
Tip Number 7: Video responses are cool
Use videos in marketing blogs to respond to your clients' essential questions. Your followers will know that you do care about what they think and ask because you take the time to create and post videos for them. Picking out the questions that matter most is the tricky part. Another tricky part is staying on topic as you discuss questions and answers. You can answer off-topic questions through email. Another way that videos work for you is that answers generate traffic and boost your popularity.
Tip Number 8: RSS is your friend
RSS refers to “Really Simple Syndication.” The idea of using RSS to publish your blog posts is that it can publish your media to any RSS reader who is tuned in and signed up for your feed. When you post a blog entry, video, or an audio podcast, then those who chose to receive RSS data from you will get an update on their RSS readers. It’s like they get a personal notification every time you put something up online.
Tip Number 9: You can substitute audio for video
If you are not confident about your appearance on video or want to keep your online footprint as small as you can, then using audio instead of a video is a perfect solution. The most important advantage of audio over a video is that it consumes less space and is downloaded quickly.
Tip Number 10: SEO
Search Engine Optimization, also called SEO, is a set of procedures that guide you to fix your web pages and their content, so search engines (like Google and Bing) feature it higher among results for relevant searches.
In practice, SEO is complicated because the rules change over time. Is it worth your time to learn and complete SEO for your site? Or, are you the type of business person who hires a support person to create SEO for your website? Unless you have a fast learning curve, hiring this task out might better serve your goals. At least, once I learned all about SEO, I did hire another person to complete my sites and I learned best practices also.
Can you write good to great headlines for your blog or sales page? Effective headlines improve your blog readership and enhance sales. You can funnel more sales with solid converting headlines. There is an art to Internet marketing involving successful headlines.
Sometimes the headline separates a successful campaign from a failure. The Internet world is getting more competitive by the day. As an online entrepreneur, you want to come up with ingenious ways of staying at the top of his game. One of the best ways to do this is through funneling more sales with the aid of a solid converting headline that will turn the most skeptical persons into customers.
What Do Converting Headlines Have in Common
On the Internet are numerous ideas of how to write, spin or fashion high-converting and persuasive sales headlines. All of them have swivel points in common.
1. Promises ( albeit indirectly ), that the reader/user is going to benefit immensely from the product or service.
2. A good converting headline that can easily skyrocket your sales ought to prove that you are actually selling what you are promoting, producing or offering. This helps the reader know that they can purchase and start using your product as soon as the next minute.
- How to Make Money Using Mobile Apps
- From Chaos to Access with This Parenting Coach
3. Paint a clear, important picture of the benefits of taking up your product or enrolling in your service.
- Increase Your Income as A Sought-After Family Coach
- Feel Secure In Helping Your Child Sleep Soundly. Sign-Up Now!
4. It needs to convey a sense of urgency or an element of it that your customers have to act now or as soon as possible. Make them feel that they have been missing out on a lot and it is time to turn their prospects around.
- Take Me Up On This Once-in-a-Lifetime Offer.
- Doors Close in Three Hours. Buy Now. Don’t Miss Out.
The bottom line is that it takes a skillful use of persuasive language and careful choice of words to create a converting sales headline. So what’s your headline of choice to practice today? Remember, aim for the end result. Also remember that How-To headlines are the most popular as far as you offer a result.
Do you need to start business planning or take a second look at the steps to success? As a supportive coach or helping professional in business, planning your success requires a clear action plan.
Reasons and Mindset for Thorough Planning
- You will hold yourself accountable, which is the flourishing mindset.
- You will define the steps to the destination.
- You will complete each step or goal and track your progress so you reinforce your enthusiasm and get the resources you need.
Determine Goals Through Visualization
Where will you begin? Start at the result as opposed to the first planning stage. Close your eyes and imagine where you want your business to be in five years? You are assuming that the business is wildly successful and you have the income you desire and more.Then, answer the following questions to fill in the content of your business plan.
- How many and what kind of income streams have you developed?
- How much income did the business achieve the first year? The third year? The fifth-year?
- To how many clients have you sold products, services, or training? What is the overall sum of products or services sold?
- What kind of training(s) have you designed? How many courses do you offer? How have you priced these?
- How do you personally interact, coach or advise your customers? How much time does that take in one given week of your schedule?
This phase is complete when you have defined what you want to achieve and how it will be done. You have established the basics. Next, determine what products or services to set up to be ready to market your website or product.
For example, if you are creating an ebook, what are the steps to its creation, writing proofreading, and setting up for sales?
- Define topic.
- Establish the context of the topic.
- Research content and create an outline of the ebook.
- Complete the writing and formatting.
- Find and insert images or types of graphics
The ebook is a good example of your steps to complete any product or service. You follow these steps once you establish any new product and its timeline for completion. Set aside a section of time each day or week and make sure you complete your tasks. If this means setting up a blog on Monday and then writing an article per day the rest of the week, then commit to getting that done.
Implement Your First Marketing Campaign
If you have your site or product set up and ready to promote, the next step is marketing. Get the word out about your great offer. Even if you don’t think your product or site is perfect, don’t worry about it. You’ll probably be tweaking and editing it over time anyway.
Just as you would with a product, plan each step you will follow to instigate your marketing campaign. Be specific about the tasks, responsibilities, and deadlines. For example, if you want to promote your info product, you might need to
- Create a free offer,
- Connect with joint venture partners,
- Write or purchase your sales page copy,
- Get the word out in relevant forums,
- Follow through on any tasks that are crucial to the marketing strategy
Don’t forget to also put your measures in place. Hopefully, you identified how you’ll measure your campaign’s success when you created your marketing plan. If not, figure them out now and keep track on a regular basis so you can tweak your tactics as needed.
For example, if you have more than one giveaway to offer to get people on an email list, check the sign-ups and conversion rates on each one on a daily basis. If one is converting higher than the other, try to figure out why. Then rinse and repeat.
Additional Marketing Strategies
When do you know it’s time to add more marketing strategies to the mix? The marketing is based on the results you are already achieving, along with your timeline and budget constraints. If you are already having great success with one strategy, such as joint ventures, stick with that. If you have extra time on your hands, then go right ahead and start implementing another promotional effort in your arsenal.
At this point in your planning, You should have identified about three strategies when you created your marketing plan. One strategy could include a free giveaway for which people sign up and are added to your email list? Another strategy could be a series of emails that you send to your subscribers about an informative blog article like this one. A third strategy could include other offers like listening to a podcast, selecting clients to interview, or promoting through Facebook ads.
The broader the mix of marketing strategies you have, the more complicated your business will become. Make sure you map out each of your strategies step-by-step to keep track of them. If feasible, outsource as much as possible. If you want to keep your business simple, you’ll have to focus on whichever strategy produces the best results. Leave the rest for marketers who don’t mind a little extra complication in their lives.
You can guarantee the success of your business and marketing plans by putting in place and following detailed action plans. This is where many people fail. They don't get success immediately and decide to try something else. Stick with your plan, reap the rewards, rinse and repeat for ultimate success.