When you see a successful online entrepreneur like a parenting coach, how do you respond?
Are you jealous because you want to be that person?
Are you wishful and feel like the success couldn’t happen to you?
Are you scared and back away because it hurts too much to be who you are and not that successful entrepreneur?
When you feel bogged down in your personal or professional ruts, take note of your wish or longing to be in your own online business. After all, running a successful online business looks comfortable from the outsider’s viewpoint.
What is the online entrepreneur doing that is different?
How does he seem to have a great life without working that hard?
What you don’t see is the slow, yet persistent, process of long hours at the computer, tedious tasks, and focused time on these key elements:
Wearing the beginner’s mindset
Focusing on the intention, not the goal at first.
Recognizing and using leverage.
Building a set of useful contacts.
Hiring a valuable mentor
All of the elements are crucial to the success of your online business. Let’s take a closer look.
Wearing the Beginner’s Mindset
The success of any brick-and-mortar or online business needs the best personal mindset from the beginning.
A healthy mindset doesn’t guarantee success, but it is the best step of strength in the right directions.
[ctt template=”5″ link=”upfNV” via=”yes” ]Healthy, prosperous thinking is a foundation stone for an online business success. @parent_coach[/ctt]
What Is A Heathy Mindset?
1. The willingness to focus on the task as long as is necessary to achieve your goals, even if you set only one goal per day.
2. Start with a sound business plan from the beginning and don’t fly by the seat of your pants. Don’t believe that you can learn and earn as you go along.
3. Don’t hope for the best. Rather, make the best happen through your intentions and goals and get help when you need it.
Recognizing and Using Leverage
Stretch your time and dollars far as you learn to use the power of the Internet to make your online business successful.
Your first temptation may be to do everything first. That isn’t possible. Building your foundation first is more realistic.
The foundation is your base of operations:
Intentions and values that guide your business
Determine your brand and how you want to represent yourself or your business.
Website – leverage search engine optimization
Gain page rank on Google through content like blogging, a course, or through articles on blogs or videos on vlogs.
These steps leverage your becoming indexed and available in the search engines. Leveraging also includes branding yourself, your website and your products.
Your reputation and credibility are everything on the internet. Don’t take any shortcuts.
Want to start a successful online business but don’t know where to start? Does all the steps for making a business successful seems dreadful to you?
Have a look at our course Successful Business Set-up in systemized steps and join us for a journey to take your business from a startup to a success.
Successful Business Set-up in systemized steps
As a certified coach for parents or families, you can better envision your sales funnel components by taking one step at a time.
The Effective Sales Funnel Components
For a sales funnel to work, there are two key components. The first is the offer you make to people, and the second is how you keep in touch with them.
Step One – Opt-in Giveaways: Opt-in giveaways are freebies that you offer website visitors in exchange for their name and email address. You provide a digital ebook, or a checklist or worksheet in the topic of interest to your clients or audiences.
Step Two – Front-end Offers: Front-end offers are small ticket offers you make to your list to qualify them. In a sense, you offer an ebook, a podcast audio, or a teaching video to be part of the sales funnel components.This step in the funnel includes a price tag of $7 to $10 and your audience would consider this digital product, group coaching, or an Ebook to be high quality and would be interested.
Step Three – Start and Stick With the Connection – People who are interested in your topic have given you their email and now trust you to treat it with respect. Also, you know that the topic could be evergreen and you want to offer it again in a later sales cycle. The new emails that you gathered are entered into your email program and you’ll communicate regularly with them. Much of this Email process can be automated, and you will learn the business of automation in later blogs entries under the Category Business Automation.
Step Four – Subscription Products Instead of making a one-time sale, subscription products keep your prospects paying on a regular basis in exchange for your valuable content. Or, membership sites also could require monthly fees for membership in exchange for a variety of premium content. In fact, a membership site is considered one business model.
The best subscription model is a membership site where your offers can be purchased singly, as in buying a course or a book, or a package of both. By now, your sales funnel components are attracting interested persons. And, at this level for products, the pricing is extended upward to $20, $27 or $37. A large package of valuable information could be $100 plus and well into thousands of dollars for top content in your niche.
Step Five – One-Time Offers are are those that are time-limited, adding scarcity to the sales equation, which helps a client make a choice to purchase, This becomes one consistent marketing strategy. After a website visitor has shared their email or opted into a subscription to your newsletter or content site, then they receive one-tine offers periodically based on your marketing model. Their subscription shows you their interest and willingness to purchase a product. Marketing to your email list includes making them offers and giving them valuable, exclusive content.
Conclusion – Since your landing page is the entry point of your sales funnel, it needs to be properly search engine optimized.
Managing the technology of a successful online biz for marketing, social media, and digital products confounds coaches. You might want to know:
- How an autoresponder connects to your website.
- Where do you send buyers to a “thank-you-purchase page.?”
- Which credit card processor should you use?
- Is Paypal enough? Do you need Stripe?
[tweetshareinline tweet=”Every business owner asks these questions because the online biz model is specific and follows a structure.” username=”parent_Coach”]
Your website is your home base online, where you’ll blog, post videos, maybe host a podcast, and create your sales and landing pages. People who read your blog could be potential clients who found answers to their issues.
It is not complicated, although it appears so. Here is what you need:
1. WordPress for a website or an online store. A virtual assistant could get your site established. You could start running a business in a day.
2. Email Manager is the next step to start building your mailing list. You’ll need an autoresponder that serves the function exactly as named–an autoresponder service such as
3. To use your autoresponder, you’ll create a series of follow-up emails that automatically get sent. You set the schedule for sending them out.
The autoresponders refer to and are part of your product funnel. Autoresponders are designed to promote your services like group coaching or your product like an Ebook or a checklist.
4. For the free downloaded ebook or list, you create an Opt-in Offer. Then place a form on your website to collect email addresses of everyone who wants your service or product.
Shopping Cart or Payment Processor
5. How will a customer pay you for your product or coaching services? The most convenient, and simple way to sell a product is through Paypal and your website. You will need a PayPal account set up in the business name or your name. Another payment option is Stripe.
Explore the Paypal payment plugins for your online biz web site. The way to set up PayPal payments on a website page is to…
- Create a PayPal button that generates a code.
- Then paste the code into a sales page. Paypal will notify you when a sale occurs, and you should be prepared to follow up each sale with a series of email autoresponders. Again this is automated through your Email program or your shopping cart solution.
I highly recommend an automated system because it is a massive time saver. Consider purchasing a shopping cart. These can be self-hosted or as a monthly service.
- The shopping cart will
- Take care of delivering the product.
- Adding the purchaser to the appropriate mailing list, And send follow up emails.
You can even choose a cart that tracks affiliate sales if you’d like to entice others to promote your online biz products and services.
Stories work in marketing, and especially in coaching. Each parent you coach has their personal story and their parent story. You will find the different story themes in commercials and in the way brands present themselves. Storytelling is especially helpful in parent coaching and family coaching. Each person has their story, their version of how they happened.
Sharing and telling stories work well for online marketers.
The hardest part of telling a story is figuring out what to say. It’s not easy to come up with a good storyline when you’re staring at a blank screen. The solution is to stick with one of the tried and true basic story plots and tweak from there. Here are three of the most popular ones.
1. Good Vs. Evil
1. Let’s start with the big good vs. evil theme. Most fairy tales use this storyline as do fiction books like Harry Potter series. You’ll also see in television programs that the story line follows a pattern.
You accept a challenge
You face adversity In coaching, the adversary may be a quality in a client to name and tame, or perhaps you have had a personal problem with procrastination that you want to reprogram for better business success.
2. A second pattern is a transformation. Similar to the previous, this plot features an inner change, instead of changing the outer form. You may find this theme often in your clients. You may have your personal transformation story.
Here is an example of my conversion story:
I had waited too long to seek treatment for a growing, painful condition with my right ovary. I thought I could handle it, but I had no clear understanding of the problem. My new, young, inexperienced gynecologist explained to me that the ovary had turned in on itself and was necrotic, in short, dead. She scheduled my surgery immediately with her professor, also a surgeon.
After surgery, I died in the clinical sense. I had closed my eyes and instantly opened my eyes in brilliant white light in which I floated. I was delighted to be there, experiencing the transition with consciousness. The experience made evident that I was to “take on a new task,” explained the voice. The result was my formulation of the Academy for Coaching Parents International which took about three years to get off the ground.
2. The Reluctant Hero Returns
This storyline should sound familiar too. The boy leaves home, builds his fortune while he’s away, or learns something important. Then the hero comes back to share the discovered wealth or knowledge. Along the way, he might just save the day. Does that sound like a Western or romantic comedy you’ve seen lately?
With this storyline, you can share your personal story of how you discovered your chosen niche. Maybe you’re the gluten-free expert because your child was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, and you and your family had to find a way to live with it.
3. Rags To Riches
This storyline also shouldn’t come as a surprise. You’ve seen it in a million forms from Cinderella to Shark Tank. The idea is to share how you went from nothing to where you’re at today. It’s the quintessential American story.
This storyline works well when you’re sharing how you’ve made your money online. If you’re marketing to marketers or business to business, this is the storyline you’ll use more than any other. The story line is not limited to the “making money'” market. Tweak the same storyline and share:
1. how you found more time in your day,
2. how you organize your office or your writing,
3. how you found your faith, your courage, or your self-esteem.
Any journey of growth could become a “rags to riches storyline.
What is your story? Which category for storytelling best suits you? Please answer in the comments below so I can learn what stories you would like to read.
Do you have an online business plan or are you flying by the seat of your pants? A yearly planning document that reflects your values and goals is the most useful tool in your business arsenal.
Your mission statement and your business objectives provide a road map that keeps your successful business moving in the right direction. However, the map is not enough. You also need a compass to stay the course and realize you are on track. Your values and vision comprise the compass.
A statement of values is a set of principles that guide the way you operate your business. For example, whenever you have an important decision to make, like setting a price for your services or for a product you sell, you would review your decision according to your values. The values and decision are congruent, not at odds. This process means you won’t question your decisions or wonder if you are doing the right thing. You operate your business from a core of integrity.
A vision statement is a precise set of words that tells people what your successful online business does and how you do it. The vision defines what you hope to achieve.
The planning I suggest is a simple blueprint for how you intend to establish or grow your business. Use your business
plan to map out your goals, action plans, and financials while significantly increasing your chances for success.
Business Planning Benefits
1. A yearly business plan organizes you to take stock of your progress, examine what is working, and coordinate goals and actions for the upcoming year. Almost all of the very successful business owners will tell you that they create business goals and action plans on a regular basis like each month.
architecture concept. architecture design and model my own
2. A business plan reflects your most profitable path.
3. A plan shows you where are making mistakes or losing profits.
Planning a business includes these sections:
1. Description of your business model
2. Who are your customers, the target market?
3. What do you offer? How is different from others who offer the same thing?
4. What are your specific, measurable goals that you want to achieve and when?
5. What marketing strategies will you put in place and what is their timeline?
6. What are the tasks you need to complete and when?
7. How much is all of this going to cost on a monthly basis, and what kind of revenue will you expect? How long will it take to break even and make a profit?
A business plan is a living, breathing document that will grow and change along with your business. When first starting a new business, determine if you have a financially viable idea.
At the beginning of each year, it helps you to plan out your goals and strategies. Of course, if you need to raise money, people will want to see a detailed plan.
You need to revisit your business plan regularly. Why? Market conditions change. Laws or regulations change. Technology changes your results too, and this should be reflected in your plan.
Your business plan serves as your blueprint for success. Write it and live it for your best results.
What If you have a great business idea but still wondering about how to create a viable business plan?
Register for Successful Coaching Business Set-Up In Systemized Steps. This course will not only help you make a plan of activities, but it will take you step by step from planning, designing, marketing and making money out of your business.
Successful Coaching Business Set-Up In Systemized Steps