List building is your magic key to business success, whether online or offline. Your business and making sales happens because you have a flow of leads to your business.
For leads, several systems need to be put in place so that harnessing people’s emails become automatic. Your list doesn’t need to be huge to make sales. However, you do want to attract your ideal customer to your site and email list.
Joint Ventrure giveaways, where you join others in offering to give away your product, haven’t changed much. To participate in giveaways, you can go to newjvgiveaways.com anytime and participate.
Private giveaways have also been popular in recent years. You invite five to fifteen people to participate in your private giveaway. The contributors offer their online tool, ebook, advice, course, for example. The contributors are responsible for generating all the traffic to the giveaway, and you host this giveaway through your website using a WordPress plugin called WP Venture. People who come and join the giveaway as members are going to opt-in to different giveaways and this will add subscribers to your list.
Exit Popups add about 10% opt-in rate to any website y adding an exit pop up script. Mostlikely, you have seen ads or an enrollment form pop up when you scroll through a website page or start to leave the page. This can add 10% more opt-in rate to your website. You can get one at exitsplash.com. Depending on how aggressive you want to be, you can have multiple exit pop ups that lead to different squeeze pages. Becuase pop-ups could be annoying, save their use for the special pages, like landing or sales pages) where you want to drive web traffic.
Another way to generate leads virally is by using a Tell-A-Friend script. The best practice for using a Tell-A-Friend script is to offer the script as a free giveaway, and people sign in to your site to go to a download page. The copy on your download page is I’ll give you this extra bonus if you tell (5 or 10 friends about this.
For eaxmple, the page allows space for the site visitor to fill out five different email addresses, and when they click a submit button, their message to visit this squeeze page for a free gift goes out to the friends. In sense, they are endorsing you. Seaarch Google.com to find examples of Tell-A-Friend-Script. On the other hand, you can also add a Tell-A-Friend button on your website.
When you see a successful online entrepreneur like a parenting coach, how do you respond?
Are you jealous because you want to be that person?
Are you wishful and feel like the success couldn't happen to you?
Are you scared and back away because it hurts too much to be who you are and not that successful entrepreneur?
When you feel bogged down in your personal or professional ruts, take note of your wish or longing to be in your own online business. After all, running a successful online business looks comfortable from the outsider's viewpoint.
What is the online entrepreneur doing that is different?
How does he seem to have a great life without working that hard?
What you don't see is the slow, yet persistent, process of long hours at the computer, tedious tasks, and focused time on these key elements:
Wearing the beginner's mindset
Focusing on the intention, not the goal at first.
Recognizing and using leverage.
Building a set of useful contacts.
Hiring a valuable mentor
All of the elements are crucial to the success of your online business. Let's take a closer look.
Wearing the Beginner's Mindset
The success of any brick-and-mortar or online business needs the best personal mindset from the beginning.
A healthy mindset doesn't guarantee success, but it is the best step of strength in the right directions.
[ctt template="5" link="upfNV" via="yes" ]Healthy, prosperous thinking is a foundation stone for an online business success. @parent_coach[/ctt]
What Is A Heathy Mindset?
1. The willingness to focus on the task as long as is necessary to achieve your goals, even if you set only one goal per day.
2. Start with a sound business plan from the beginning and don't fly by the seat of your pants. Don't believe that you can learn and earn as you go along.
3. Don't hope for the best. Rather, make the best happen through your intentions and goals and get help when you need it.
Recognizing and Using Leverage
Stretch your time and dollars far as you learn to use the power of the Internet to make your online business successful.
Your first temptation may be to do everything first. That isn't possible. Building your foundation first is more realistic.
The foundation is your base of operations:
Intentions and values that guide your business
Determine your brand and how you want to represent yourself or your business.
Website - leverage search engine optimization
Gain page rank on Google through content like blogging, a course, or through articles on blogs or videos on vlogs.
These steps leverage your becoming indexed and available in the search engines. Leveraging also includes branding yourself, your website and your products.
Your reputation and credibility are everything on the internet. Don’t take any shortcuts.
Want to start a successful online business but don’t know where to start? Does all the steps for making a business successful seems dreadful to you?
Have a look at our course Successful Business Set-up in systemized steps and join us for a journey to take your business from a startup to a success.
Successful Business Set-up in systemized steps
Your coaching clients are out there, and they are looking for you! In my training as a therapist, counselor, and coach, I've heard this phrase often and always wondered at its veracity.
A dozen years later of online experience and building the Academy for Coaching Parents experiences, I can again state: That potential clients want you is true. Clients are out there whether you are a life coach for parents, health coach for seniors, a dating coach for men in mid-life, or a business coach for creative people.
The mindset to hold for successful coaching clients is you have a large audience, and they are eagerly anticipating the help only you can provide.
Check the list below to see if you are missing the mark in important areas. Doing so may cause potential clients to turn away for another coach.
Make it Easy for Them
When selling your products and services online, you have to make it easy for your customers to buy. The process sounds easy, but customer connections is in how you organize the information. You might be shocked at how often coaches (and others) miss
- The distinct steps are clear and obvious on your web site or on other social media platforms. The days of reading content are over. Invite visitors to download a syllabus of courses, an ebooks, take a quiz, listen to a free podcast, or watch a video that tells a visitor in three minutes abut the site and provide three options to take the next step. Would they enjoy a blog article, or would they download affirmations to stay calmer?
- The "buy" buttons are not obvious. The primary color for my websites is blue and variant shades. The buttons to link a potential client to the next page or product should stand out - bright green, cherry red, and orange are popular colors that attract attention.
- They don’t make contact information easy to find. This should be obvious to you while it may not be obvious on the website. Most websites have a contact page, which is obvious in the menu on top of the site.Here are a few more ideas: At the end of each blog, have a contact form. It could also serve to sign a new client for blog traffic, as well as to contact you with any questions, no matter how small.
- They don’t provide clear calls to action on their website. By calls to action, it means you provide instructions: click here, download this, go to the posts in children's category, review this book chapter, buy this book. In my reviews of coach's sites, I have seen a leading report on the page. A sample of content and the book cover populate a page. The button reads "Learn More." The button may lead to another page of content, a blog article, and such. The button should be much more precise: Buy this. Download the Ebook now, Read the post sample from the book, and leave a comment ti my questions: Can I email this book to you? Can you see a yes answer is more likely to be forthcoming than just learning more.
- They don’t create easy website navigation so readers can quickly find what they need. In the ideal world, you would list the pages you wanted your clients to visit in order like first, second, third etc.. Too often web builders put the basic pages up and add them to the menu with no specific navigation instruction.
The list goes on, but the bottom line is this: make it easy for your customers to buy from you. Not only will you make more money, but your clients will be singing your praises.
Court the Potential Coaching Clients
Even if your ideal market is established as business owners, you will still create your site navigation for up and coming new clients. While they might not be ready for you yet, and they'll remember you if you treat them well and have organized-easy-to-find content and giveaways.
Some ideas for helping the new coaching clients learn to trust you and your offerings are:
- Low-cost self-study products. Could you offer a short, free course, a video, or an audio file?
- E-books or guides - An ebook that you give away is called a Lead Magnet - an ebook which magnetizes a new to you? Man sure the topic is one that your clients would want to read.
- Email courses - This is a safe bet for those who don't mind leaving their email address, because they can read what they are interested in as well as learn about you also.
- Membership sites and forums should be your business model with new offers, products, or services at regular intervals.
- Facebook groups can serve as memberships also, and you have the option of making your presentations live on Facebook Live.
In every crowded niche, your personality is what sets you a part from every other coach out there. Don't be afraid to shine. Stand out brightly in your image, what you write and how you present your materials. That's how your potential customers will get to know, like and trust you. You cannot stop to worry if your efforts are working. You have to assume that your efforts work, and whether you are shy, non-techie, ora private person, you must shine online and in social media if that is where you are building a business.
- Share personal updates on social media so that potential customers can see the "real" you.
- Post photos of your life outside of business on Instagram and Facebook.
- Take a stand for what you believe in, whether or not it is controversial and unpopular.
- Be available to answer questions and stay on top of the most popular social media that you use.